Fashion hair colors are all the rage these days, but they require a little more maintenance than your average natural hair color. If you want your fashion hair color to look its best and last as long as possible, here are a few tips:
1. Use a quality shampoo and conditioner. This is especially important for fashion hair colors, as they can be more delicate than natural hair colors. Use a shampoo and conditioner that are designed for color-treated hair, and avoid using harsh soaps or detergents.
2. Don't wash your hair too often. Over-washing can strip your hair of its natural oils and make it more susceptible to breakage. Aim to wash your hair every 3-4 days, or even less often if your hair is naturally oily.
3. Use a heat protectant. When you style your hair, always use a heat protectant to prevent damage. Heat can cause color to fade and hair to break, so it's important to use a product that will help protect your hair from the heat.
4. Get regular touch-ups. As your fashion hair color fades, you'll need to get regular touch-ups to maintain the look you want. This is especially important if you have a bold color, like pink or purple.
5. Be patient. Fashion hair colors take time to fade, so don't expect your color to last forever. Be patient and enjoy your new look!
Here are a few more tips for specific types of fashion hair colors:
Balayage: Balayage is a technique that uses highlights to create a natural-looking sun-kissed look. To maintain your balayage, get regular root touch-ups and use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner.
Ombre: Ombre is a technique that uses a graduated blend of colors to create a dramatic look. To maintain your ombre, get regular touch-ups and use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner.
Rainbow colors: Rainbow colors are bold and eye-catching, but they can also be high-maintenance. To maintain your rainbow color, get regular touch-ups and use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner. You'll also need to be careful not to expose your hair to too much sunlight or heat, as this can cause the color to fade more quickly.
No matter what type of fashion hair color you have, the most important thing is to take care of it properly. By following these tips, you can keep your fashion hair color looking its best for longer. All of us at Alter Salon are happy to help you decide what products are needed for your specific look! We can't wait to see you.